Gadgetbridge 0.37.0 has been released and will appear on F-Droid soon!
One highlight is Makibes HR3 support was contributed by Lukas Schwichtenberg. Thank you Lukas for the great work.
We also managed to support the Amazfit Bip Lite, but just like with the Mi Band 4 support, unfortunatly this sounds better than it is.
WE CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS DEVICE TO OUR USERS, SINCE YOU HAVE TO INSTALL MI FIT SOMEWHERE, CREATE AN ACCOUNT AND GET A DEVICE SPECIFIC AUTH KEY FROM MI FIT ON A ROOTED PHONE
Other methods then the above might exist, but in the end you need Mi Fit with an account once, then get hold of your secret auth key, and input that in Gadgetbridge.
There are some contradicting claims about the Bip Lite, so it might be possible to pair without a key. If that should be the case, we will release an update.
As always, we want to remind you that we will move completely to Codeberg this autumn. The wiki can already only be updated there, while all wiki changes will be mirrored to github. Please create a Codeberg account, if you want to modify the wiki or if you want your issues/PRs and comments to be properly assigned to you again on Codeberg.
The reason for the move in one sentence: A free project deserves a free home!
For user-facing changes since the last blog post, check the following list.
- Initial Makibes HR3 support
- Amazfit Bip Lite: Inittal working support, firmware update is disabled for now (we do not have any firmware for testing)
- Amazfit Cor 2: Enable Emoji Font setting and 3rd party HR access
- Find Phone now also vibration in addition to playing the ring tone
- ID115: All settings are now per-device
- Time format settings are now per-device for all supported devices
- Wrist location settings are now per-device for all supported devices
- Work around broken layout in database management activity
- Show toast in case no app is installed which can handle GPX files
- Mi Band 4/Amazfit Bip Lite: Trim white spaces and new lines from auth key
- Mi Band 4/Amazfit Bip Lite: Display a toast and do not try to pair if there was no auth key supplied
- Skip service scan if supported device could be recognized without uuids during discovery
- Amazfit Bip: Untested support for Lite variant
- Force Lineage OS to ask for permission when Trust is used to fix non-working incoming calls
- Charts: List multiple sleep sessions per day
- Mi Band 2/3/4, Amazfit Bip/Cor: Add setting to expose the HR sensor to 3rd party apps
- Mi Band 4: Really fix weather location not being updated on the Band
- Mi Band 4: Fix call notifcation not stopping when call gets answered or rejected on the phone
- Amazfit Bip/Cor: Support for custom emoji font
- ZeTime: Enable emoji support
- ZeTime: Make watch language the same as the phone language by default
- New status and alarms widget
- Fix crash when entering notification filter settings
- Make diagram settings accessible from charts activity
- Add option to hide the floating plus button in the main activity
- Fix a potential crash on Android 4.4 KitKat