Gadgetbridge 0.46.0 has been release and after a whole week of waiting it landed in F-Droid.
This release, which adds TLW64 support contributed by Erik Bloß, also has support for the new Mi Band 5, which is basically runnig on the Mi Band 4 code.
On the Huami front there are fixes for GTR/GTS activity data on newer firmware version. There seems to be extra data which we ignore for now to make the current code run with it. In the future we will look at making use of the new data which unfortunately would need a new database schema.
Another quite big changes was contributed by Taavi Eomäe, who refactored the device discovery activity which fixes tons of bugs and also new features, like displaying already paired devices an notes about devices needing a pairing key.
The release 0.45.0 did not have its own blog post, please refer to the list below for details on what changed with the 0.45.0 and 0.45.1 releases.
But there is one thing I would like to highlight. There is a new, experimental way of getting weather data from an new open source app developed by Pawel Dube, that directly supports Gadgetbridge. No need for API keys. The App is still alpha and work in progress, but we highly recommend trying it. TinyWeatherForecast Don't be fooled by the name it supports a lot of locations worldwide. If you like it please give it a star on Codeberg.org!
For all user-facing changes since the previous blog post, check the following list:
- Initial support for Mi Band 5
- Initial support for TLW64
- Amazfit GTR/GTS: Fix broken activity data on newer firmwares
- Big refactoring of the device discovery activity (See PR #1927 description for details)
- Add about screen
- New icon for Amazfit Bip
- Avoid duplicated entries in preferred media player selection
- Avoid a lot of crashes and improve error handling in various places
- Amazfit GTR/GTS: Fix connection issue with latest firmwares (probably other Huami devices also affected)
- Add experimental support for TinyWeatherForecastGermany
- Initial support for Amazfit T-Rex
- Amazfit Bip S: Support installation of latest .res
- Amazfit Bip S: Support longer notification messages
- Huami: Limit weather forecast to 7 days to fix problems with weather notificaon 0.3.11
- Huami: Improve music playback information
- Huami: Ensure cutting strings on UTF-8 border
- Stop incoming call notification when VoIP calls are missed
- Fix a crash when with Farsi translation