We do not know why Huami releases so many new devices every year. These have become too much to buy all of them, but it is always nice to have pull requests from the community, which happened for the Bip U and Verge Lite during this cycle. Thank you!
But there is a lot more to this release!
Apart from the usual bug fixes and tweaks, we overhauled the daily stats widget completely which is now much better looking and more functional.
Also device code contributors have pushed improvements, most notably the Casio GBX-100 and Bangle.js which now support activity data recording.
We hope this release will be in F-Droid before Christmas.
Since this might be the last blog post for 2020:
The Gadgetbridge team wishes Merry Christmas and a better new year that 2020 was for most of us!
For all user-facing changes since the previous blog post, check the following list:
- Amazfit Bip U: Initial support
- Amazfit Verge Lite: Initial Support
- Amazfit T-Rex: Add missing menu items, remove non-existent
- Amazfit Bip S: Fix crash with notifications with only a title (GitNex does this)
- Casio GBX-100: Add step count data and more device settings
- Fossil Hybrid Q: Support firmware upgrade
- Bangle.js: Support for HRM and steps activity recording
- Huami: Add new option to properly distinguish connected advertising and 3rd party hr exposure
- Huami: Use blue icon instead of rainbow color icon for Signal (the rainbow icon was blue in early days)
- Complete overhaul of the daily stats widget
- Better error message for invalid authentication keys