Christmas holidays was a good time to relax, recharge and take some time off. After that, commits and pull requests started flowing in with various fixes and improvements. One of the contributions has brought support for another variant of Amazfit watches:
- Amazfit Bip U Pro contributed by DanialHanif - thank you!
Also the Amazfit GTS2, which was previously supported in theory but was practically unusable due to a pairing bug, should now work properly.
For some reason, data in Weather notification sometimes provides incomplete data, which resulted in weather updates not being sent at all to the smart device. This behavior is now handled properly in this Gadgetbridge release.
Do Not Disturb should now allow priority notifications to go through. Improvements have been done to the pairing flow for devices requiring a key during the bonding process, trying to be more verbose about potential errors, and similar clarification improvements have been done in the Data Management screen, making the data Export/Import process more obvious.
For all user-facing changes since the previous blog post, check the following list:
- Amazfit Bip U Pro: Initial support
- Amazfit GTS2: fix pairing
- Amazfit GTS/GTR2: Fix incoming call display
- Fossil Hybrid HR: avoid unnecessary widget rendering
- A lot of Data(base) Management screen clarifications and improvements
- Fix a crash when when forecastConditionType length is 0 in weather notification data
- Change Do Not Disturb support to allow priority notifications
- Fix problems when pairing some devices which require a pin to be entered