First month of the new year 2021 has delivered tons of new devices. We are happy to see new people stepping up and providing the initial support for these watches:
- Wasp-os - Daniel Thompson
- Amazfit Neo - xaos
- Amazfit GTS 2 Mini - Andreas Shimokawa
- Huami Zepp E - Andrew Watkins
- Amazfit GTR 2e - Jochen S
- Amazfit GTS 2e - Andreas Shimokawa
- Amazfit X - Stefan Bora
Many thanks to all contributors!
While new devices' support is flowing in, this doesn't mean that all features and functions of these newly added devices are working, but the initial support typically already provides many important aspects required for day to day usage. It also offers a very convenient way to look at these devices in more detail and help to improve their support further. These Gadgetbridge releases (0.53.0, 0.54.0 and 0.54.1) also contain many small and big fixes and improvements all over the place :).
We are super happy to see a wasp-os in the list of supported devices, added by Daniel Thompson himself. Wasp-os (Watch Application System in Python) is an open-source firmware for smart watches that are based on the nRF52 family of micro controllers. Currently this includes the hacker friendly PineTime from Pine64, the Senbono K9 as well as the Colmi P8, which is a popular device with watch modders.
There have been many improvements done to the Fossil HR thanks to ongoing work by Daniel Dakhno. It is an interesting piece of hardware and software, which to some extend provides similar feature set known from the Pebble. Ongoing development has been focusing on support in Gadgetbridge but also on the recently introduced app ecosystem of this watch, which is now in early stage provided by the Fossil HR SDK.
For those tracking their sports results in Gadgetbridge, imperial units settings is now honored in the Widget, Activity list and Sports Workouts. We have also added a small improvement when exporting a GPX track recording, allowing OpenTracks to not duplicate these exports.
For all user-facing changes since the previous blog post, check the following list:
- Amazfit GTS2e: Really fix broken support
- Amazfit Bip S Lite: Fix broken support (probably)
- Initial support for Amazfit X
- Fix missing menu items for GTS 2 Mini (some improvements also for other GTR2/GTS2 models)
- Amazfit GTS2e: Fix broken support
- Initial support for wasp-os on nRF52 devices
- Initial support for Zepp E
- Initial support for Amazfit GTS 2 Mini
- Initial support for Amazfit Neo
- Initial support for Amazfit GTR/GTS 2e
- Fossil Hybrid HR: Fix bug with unknown data
- Fossil Hybrid HR: allow app management on watch from GB
- Fossil Hybrid HR: enumerate apps on watch on every connect
- Fossil Hybrid HR: Do not configure buttons in unauthenticated mode
- Fossil Classic: Fix unknown wearing state
- Fossil Classic: Allow synchronizing activity data
- Amazfit Bip U: Fix sports activity summary
- Huami: Add Strength Training activity type
- Honor Imperial units settings in widget, Activity list and workouts
- Show all eligible devices in Widget Configuration Activity
- Also include step of not-worn samples in weekly step statistics