This release is mainly containing culmination of work done on support for the Amazfit Neo. That includes support for firmware updating, notifications and also settings. Do note, that after updating the device to 220.127.116.11 with Gadgetbridge, there might be a strange connection issue. What you can do is: keep the watch in Gadgetbridge but remove it from paired devices in Android, then re-add again in Gadgetbridge (although it was still there).
We have enabled ongoing notifications for two popular FLOSS sports tracking
apps, OpenTracks and
FitoTrack. This allows
you to observe notifications of an ongoing activity tracked by these apps right
on your wrist. Normally, we block ongoing notifications because these could be
emitted many times per second and thus cause fast battery drain and also other
possible issues. It is therefore recommended to set the
Minimum time between notifications to a few seconds.
You can of course always block notifications of these apps completely via the
We have created an official mastodon account for Gadgetbridge, you can check it out and follow on https://social.anoxinon.de/@gadgetbridge.
For all user-facing changes since the previous blog post, check the following list:
- Fossil Hybrid HR: Fix compatibility for older firmware revisions
- Amazfit Neo: Implement firmware update
- Amazfit Neo: Support setting all menu items and fix menu cycling bug
- Amazfit Neo: Fix notifications
- Amazfit Neo: Support sound settings
- Allow OpenTracks and FitoTrack to send ongoing notifications
- Make transliteration a per-device setting