Quite unexpectedly, we have tagged and F-Droid has already published one more update: 0.64.0, making it the 24th release of this year. Besides many "small" additions and improvements, this release also adds support for three new devices: two new earphones, Bose QC35 and Sony WF-SP800N, plus there is now also support for VESC NRF/HM10 devices - Speed Controllers. Adding device support is always a lot of work so we are grateful for every single device support, allowing everyone to use their devices in a libre way.
Together with our army of wonderful contributors, we have been working on improving various aspects of interactions with the supported devices. One could tend to think about these as about some "small" additions, but each contribution means a lot of investigation, work and testing. Thanks everyone for helping Gadgetbridge to get better.
To pick a few enhancements... the InfiniTime steps synchronization has been adjusted to have lesser impact on the device battery. Sony headphones communication has been improved to not only send data to the device but also to read settings from the headphones. The car FM transmitter Roidmi support has been enhanced to be able to control a new rebrand called Mojietu. Bangle.js weather data and music control has been improved. Many of the Huami gadgets (the Mi Bands and Amazfit devices) have received improvements in communication protocol, notifications handling, menu settings, Reminders (an alarm like notification with a text label) and many more enhancements.
Device pairing and discovery settings have been made available directly from the Discovery screen which now also allows adding test device directly from the discovery screen (previously possible only from the Debug screen).
Many thanks to everyone for their contributions and support!
For all user-facing changes since the previous blog post, check the following list:
- Initial support for VESC NRF/HM10 devices
- Initial support for Bose QC35
- Initial support for Sony WF-SP800N
- Fossil Hybrid HR: Fix on-device confirmation for older firmwares
- Sony WH-1000XM3: Fix Ambient Sound Control commands, potentially improving ANC quality
- Sony WH-1000XM3: Read configuration from device
- InfiniTime: Remove debug Toast and subscription to UUID_CHARACTERISTIC_MOTION_RAW_XYZ_VALUES
- Roidmi: Fix frequency configuration on some non-english languages
- Roidmi 3: Add support for Mojietu 3 rebrand
- Huami: Support hiking and climbing activities, decode some more activity details
- Amazfit GTS 2 mini: Fix notification title not appearing for non-chat apps
- Amazfit Bip U/Pro: Disable event reminder feature, it is not supported by the device.
- Amazfit Bip U/Pro: Allow enabling Todo List menu (feature still not supported)
- Bangle.js: send weather condition code to device
- Allow adding test device directly from the discovery screen
- Keep device info on the correct device during reordering
- Huami: Support native reminders
- InfiniTime: Initial support for step counting (currently very limited by the device firmware)
- Bangle.js: Fix Gadgetbridge crashes when playing music with some players
- Fossil Hybrid HR: Add support for on-device paring confirmation, for watches that are in a state which makes this neccessary
- Fossil Hybrid HR: Fix widget configuration bug
- Mi Band 3: Support lift wrist during DND setting
- Amazfit GTS 2 Mini: Fix language setting
- Amazfit GTS 2 Mini: Fix setting menu items on the watch
- Activity card: Open specific Charts tab for each activity
- Activity Card: React to User settings, unify step length
- Activity card: simplify the layout and only show each chart if there is data (Cleaner layout for users with multiple devices)