It took unusually long to get this out, but we tried to make it before Christmas, so here it is: Gadgetbridge 0.72.0
And since it is already out on F-Droid, todays blog post will be written by ChatGPT to save time. :O
Q: Can you please write a blog post about a gadgetbridge release? Here is the Changelog...
Gadgetbridge is a free, open-source application that allows users to communicate with and manage their wearable devices. The latest release, version 0.72.0, brings a host of new features and improvements to the application.
One of the major highlights of this release is the initial support for a number of new devices, including the Amazfit GTR 4/GTS 4/GTS 4 Mini, Amazfit Band 7, Samsung Galaxy Buds 2, and Sony WH-1000XM2/WF-1000XM4 headphones. This means that users of these devices can now take advantage of Gadgetbridge's features and functionality to manage their wearables.
In addition to supporting new devices, Gadgetbridge 0.72.0 also includes a number of improvements to existing device support. For example, the application now includes a fix for pause when taken off for Sony headphones, and a fix for setting surround mode. There are also a number of improvements to Zepp OS support, including the addition of world clocks and fixes for notification icons, app and watchface installs, and weather data.
Other notable changes in this release include a complete rewrite of the new device discovery process, the addition of an Intent API to trigger activity sync and database exports, and the ability to allow media notifications to bypass the app list. There is also a Debug Activity feature that includes a confirmation dialog before removing device preferences.
Overall, Gadgetbridge 0.72.0 is a solid release that brings a number of new features and improvements to the application. If you're a Gadgetbridge user, be sure to update to the latest version to take advantage of these new features and enhancements.
Phew, this was ChatGPT. Completely as is, un-edited. Too bad it is not open source, we promise this will be hand-written again next time. We do not intent to make this an advertisement for ChatGPT, but maybe it is interesting too see how capable this is, and that it actually knows what Gadgetbridge is.
For all user-facing changes of this release, check the following list:
- Initial support for Amazfit GTR 4/GTS 4/GTS 4 Mini
- Initial support for Amazfit Band 7
- Initial support for Galaxy Buds 2
- Initial Support for Sony WH-1000XM2/WF-1000XM4
- Sony headphones: Fix pause when taken off
- Sony Headphones: Fix setting surround mode
- Zepp OS: Map strength training, basketball and cricket activity types
- Zepp OS: Add World Clocks
- Zepp OS: Fix notification icons larger than 56x56px
- Zepp OS: Fix notification icons for work profile apps
- Zepp OS: Fix notification icon for SMS
- Zepp OS: Fix app and watchface install
- Zepp OS: Fix NPE when no weather data is available
- Amazfit GTR 2: Fix activate display upon lift only working when scheduled
- Bangle.js: Fix calendar sync
- InfiniTime: Fix weather
- InfiniTime: Add support for local time service
- InfiniTime: Add world clock support
- Skagen Gen 6 Hybrid HR: Add support for 38mm watches
- Complete rewrite of new device discovery
- Add Intent API to trigger activity sync and DB export
- Allow media notifications to bypass app list
- Debug Activity: Add confirmation dialog before removing device preferences